Someone is growing. These jammies are made from cotton with foldover elastic binding on the waist, neck, and ankles. I serged everything but the binding. The fabric has ships printed on it. There will be something for everyone- I picked up 4 yards of it!
Friday, October 8, 2010
Instead of fondant, I mixed half marshmallow fluff with half powdered sugar. It rolls and shapes like playdough or fondant and colors easily. I rolled it out and cut out a guitar shape. I would have looked better if my cake was level. Next time, I will allow more than 2 hours for the whole project including baking. Overall, I was happy with it. I could use some more practice. I still have a lot of fluff and powdered sugar left.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
I used a Clover bias tape maker. Much easier than I thought. Altgough, I did cheat a bit on the 'bias' part. I also burned the board with the iron- that little thing heats up fast. Maybe after the holidays I'll add an ironing board cover to my 'to make' list.