Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Two quick reversible drawstring bags. These bags are a great way to use up scraps. I really liked the easy to follow instructions.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I haven't used this pattern in a few years. Katherine had more than a dozen of these vintage bubble rompers. Here is the first of the new batch. I love how it turned out, and I used a new "Mama Made" tag. I underestimated how many garments I sew, I'm nearly out of tags already.

Monday, January 14, 2013

I've been working on this quilt for ages. Really, years. It finally came together just in time for Christmas! I am really pleased with it. I had better plans for the actual quilting part, but time was short. I did leave a bit of room for some added embellishment.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I have tried this pattern 3 times. This, the fourth try, finally seems good. I'd love to get a better picture of her, but really I'm glad I finally won. 
She is made of wool felt from:

Pattern from this book, but available here:

I decided to paint her face on instead of embroider. This was a good idea that I think I'll use on my next project that was holding me up in a hand embroidery way.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 had a great idea for a felt banner. We hung this across an entry between our kitchen and dining room. I loved having one there for Thanksgiving, now Christmas. I can't seem to think of a new theme for January. 

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kwik Sew 3776, I love this sweet girly print. 

Monday, January 7, 2013

Montessori counting rods. I made these fairly quickly. A couple of square dowels, handsaw, paint, sandpaper. They are really helpful when teaching number concepts to small people in our house.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A dear friend is in need of a needlebook. This was fun to make- don't pay attention to my hand embroidered panel facing the wrong way. I even did a tiny bit of quilting. The beeswax is there to show size comparison. 

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Simplicity 2768 Veronika, a Carpatina doll, is modeling this nightgown made from super stretchy white fabric with a hint of shimmer. I have learned that taking clear pictures of white fabric is difficult.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Andover Fabrics house panel. This was fun to make- I had to add some fabric to the printed panels. I also used plastic canvas inside for structure, as well as foldover elastic for a handle. This one was a bit fiddly, but I'm sure the next few will go together much more easily if I do them soon enough to remember.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kwik Sew 3776 
A sweet baby bubble romper. I also used "mama made" tags and put in the sizes. A kind woman at church gave us a bag of mixed bits of lace- it adds such a nice touch along the front.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Eight new medium ChloeToes pattern diapers. This time I used better quality fabric, so I won't have that 'fall apart' problem again.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chalkboard paint. This is actually the back of a bookcase. Not done by me- thanks to Aunt Debbi!