Thursday, February 21, 2013

I hope to get a shot of her wearing this. I love the ruffle! It went together fairly easily, and I really liked how the pattern designer created the bodice pieces along with the full facings. I ended up with nice looking finished insides with very little bulk at the seams.

The Cottage Home Blog Summer Picnic Dress

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I hope to get a modeling shot, but this is the Leila & Ben Sweet Dress is 12 months. I added a contrast hem and elastic around the bodice area inside.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kwik Sew makes a similar pattern for twice the price. Here is a closeup shot to see the fit around the arms. I think it will be great to wear in the summer. The pattern is fully reversible, which means 2 layers of fabric, and adding the lace at the bottom was kinda tricky. I love the front pleats. I may try looking at the Kwik Sew pattern anyway to see if they make theirs non-reversible with maybe just a bodice lining to make it a bit cooler.

Harper Dress pattern from Etsy

Monday, February 18, 2013

Same Oliver + S Tea party sundress pattern, this time in size 12 months so she doesn't have to grow to wear it.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I really love how easy this pattern works up! I had some fun with the fabrics this time too! Pattern is Oliver + S Teaparty Sundress. Bonnet is from Fabric by Fabric One Yard Wonders. The set is a little too big at 18 months, but I'm sure she'll grow into it.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Oliver + S Tea Party Sundress pattern. Size 12 months. This pattern is so much fun to make! The fit is nearly perfect with no modifications.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pansies, size 12 months, vintage style back crossover dress. This one has purple gingham inside and is fully reversible.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Size 12 months Leila & Ben Sweet Dress pattern.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Two quick reversible drawstring bags. These bags are a great way to use up scraps. I really liked the easy to follow instructions.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I haven't used this pattern in a few years. Katherine had more than a dozen of these vintage bubble rompers. Here is the first of the new batch. I love how it turned out, and I used a new "Mama Made" tag. I underestimated how many garments I sew, I'm nearly out of tags already.

Monday, January 14, 2013

I've been working on this quilt for ages. Really, years. It finally came together just in time for Christmas! I am really pleased with it. I had better plans for the actual quilting part, but time was short. I did leave a bit of room for some added embellishment.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I have tried this pattern 3 times. This, the fourth try, finally seems good. I'd love to get a better picture of her, but really I'm glad I finally won. 
She is made of wool felt from:

Pattern from this book, but available here:

I decided to paint her face on instead of embroider. This was a good idea that I think I'll use on my next project that was holding me up in a hand embroidery way.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 had a great idea for a felt banner. We hung this across an entry between our kitchen and dining room. I loved having one there for Thanksgiving, now Christmas. I can't seem to think of a new theme for January. 

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kwik Sew 3776, I love this sweet girly print. 

Monday, January 7, 2013

Montessori counting rods. I made these fairly quickly. A couple of square dowels, handsaw, paint, sandpaper. They are really helpful when teaching number concepts to small people in our house.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A dear friend is in need of a needlebook. This was fun to make- don't pay attention to my hand embroidered panel facing the wrong way. I even did a tiny bit of quilting. The beeswax is there to show size comparison. 

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Simplicity 2768 Veronika, a Carpatina doll, is modeling this nightgown made from super stretchy white fabric with a hint of shimmer. I have learned that taking clear pictures of white fabric is difficult.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Andover Fabrics house panel. This was fun to make- I had to add some fabric to the printed panels. I also used plastic canvas inside for structure, as well as foldover elastic for a handle. This one was a bit fiddly, but I'm sure the next few will go together much more easily if I do them soon enough to remember.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kwik Sew 3776 
A sweet baby bubble romper. I also used "mama made" tags and put in the sizes. A kind woman at church gave us a bag of mixed bits of lace- it adds such a nice touch along the front.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Eight new medium ChloeToes pattern diapers. This time I used better quality fabric, so I won't have that 'fall apart' problem again.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chalkboard paint. This is actually the back of a bookcase. Not done by me- thanks to Aunt Debbi!